Red Lentil Turnip Curry (Rice Cooker Version). This is a rich and hearty lentil curry, great as a main meal rather than as a side dish like the more traditional Indian dhal. I serve it with jasmine rice and hot naan. Oh, and don't be alarmed if the lentils look rather mushy before you add them to the.
Exodus helped us to bring you this Ethiopian lentils recipe from one of those. Red curry lentils is my all-time favorite lentil recipe. Thick, creamy, saucy, and perfect as leftovers. You can have Red Lentil Turnip Curry (Rice Cooker Version) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Lentil Turnip Curry (Rice Cooker Version)
- Prepare 3 of large turnips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red lentils.
- You need 1 cup of dashi broth (or vegetable broth).
- Prepare 2 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms (any type).
- It’s 1 cup of roughly chopped Bok choy/spinach.
- Prepare of Parsley.
- Prepare of Lemon slices (Optional).
These red curry lentils are one of my all-time favorite recipes. As is usually my vibe, we're working with very basic pantry ingredients here and simple, straightforward prep. This dish combining Curried Rice and Red Lentils is an old favorite that I recently I made with Jake, and we both loved how the simple combination of ingredients creates so much flavor in this recipe. I don't know that I was thinking about Meatless Monday when we decided to make this.
Red Lentil Turnip Curry (Rice Cooker Version) instructions
- Peel, Dice and chop turnips.
- Place red lentils, broth, curry powder, turnips, mushrooms (in that order) in rice cooker. Cook in normal rice mode.
- 10 mins before cooking ends, stir in chopped parsley and Bok choy..
- We served it with pan-fried salmon. You can of course go totally vegan and increase the amount lentils in the curry. Freezes well and delicious!.
Learn how to prepare this easy Rice Cooker Red Lentil Soup recipe like a pro. This combination of red lentils and spicy red curry is just delicious and incredibly simple to prepare. High in fiber and protein, this delicious slow cooker curry will keep your tummy full and your mind I did add some cooked chicken, cut up. I don't think anything else is needed (like Rice) it was very. View full nutritional breakdown of Red Lentil Curry over brown rice calories by ingredient.