Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe.
You can have Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe
- Prepare of lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 large breasts).
- It’s of pineapple juice.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- You need of ketchup.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- It’s of lime juice.
- You need of liquid smoke.
- It’s of sriracha (use more for more spice).
- You need of honey.
- Prepare of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- Prepare of black ground pepper.
- Prepare of ground ginger.
- Prepare of smoked paprika.
- It’s of cold water.
- It’s of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Suggested for serving :.
- You need of ·King's Hawaiian Burger Rolls.
- It’s of ·Pineapple rings.
- Prepare of or.
- You need of ·Jasmine or Basmati Rice OR Quinoa.
- You need of ·Sesamee Seeds.
- Prepare of ·Scallions.
- It’s of ·Diced Onion.
Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe step by step
- Start by trimming the fat off of the chicken breasts. Lightly grease the slow cooker and place the breasts down in the bottom..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients EXCEPT for the cold water and cornstarch..
- Pour the pineapple mixture over the chicken breasts..
- Set the slow cooker to low for 6-7 hours (or high for 3-4) depending on how long you'd like to have it cooking..
- Once the cook time is up, take the chicken breasts out of the slow cooker and let them rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes. The chicken should be very tender and falling apart. Then using 2 forks or your fingers, shred the chicken. Once shredded, set aside..
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the cold water and the cornstarch. Carefully transfer the liquid from the crockpot to a medium saucepan. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened (should reach a syrupy consistency)… this will only take a few minutes..
- Toss the shredded chicken in the thickened pineapple sauce and stir to coat it all. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
- For serving, we used toasted King's Hawaiian Burger Rolls and topped with melted provolone cheese and pineapple rings. Then used whatever additional toppings we wanted (lettuce, tomatoes, onion, etc…)..
- This chicken is also pretty tasty served over rice or quinoa, sprinkled with diced pineapple, diced onions, sesamee seeds and scallions –>.