Cabbage and sausage with sauerkraut. Cabbage And Sauerkraut With Smoked Sausage. Take Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage with Cabbage and Sauerkraut and simmer them all up in a skillet. Add your favorite beer to the recipe for Cut sausage into ¼" slices; set aside.
Make individual batches or mix them up for a multi-colored sauerkraut! Canning sauerkraut: You can process sauerkraut for longer storage outside of refrigeration, but the canning. This easy recipe for German sausage and sauerkraut produces a simple one-dish meal with wonderful flavors, perfect for warming a cold winter night. You can have Cabbage and sausage with sauerkraut using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage and sausage with sauerkraut
- Prepare 1 of medium onion sliced thin and chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of sausage sliced thin.
- You need 1/3 cup of If you have any ham scraps for seasoning throw in.
- Prepare 1 tsp of carraway seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of +1/2 can of beer.
- You need 15 oz of sauerkraut with juice.
- It’s 1/2 head of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pickling spice.
This traditional food is fermented cabbage with spices. It was a good way to preserve the vitamins and nutrients in cabbage through the winter. View top rated Cabbage sauerkraut and sausages recipes with ratings and reviews. Cabbage Orzo And Sausage Soup, Sauerkraut and Sausage Casserole, Sauerkraut And Sausage, etc.
Cabbage and sausage with sauerkraut instructions
- Add olive oil and onions sausage and ham which is optional. Saute until till onions are clear..
- Add beer and cabbage and sauerkraut with juice and cook down cabbage..
- Add the remaining ingredients and seasonings. This is one quick pot meal that doesn't take much. Enjoy.
Making sauerkraut at home doesn't have to be a big ordeal. It's actually very easy to make small batches, requiring only a few minutes of prep time This recipe for Beet and Cabbage Sauerkraut is just lightly fermented, resulting in a kraut that is fresh, crunchy and not overly salty -making it a. Pretzels, bratwurst and sauerkraut on wooden table. Dutch food: kale with smoked sausage or 'Boerenkool met worst'. This sauerkraut recipe has become the most popular recipe on this site and for good reason.