Baked apple and pancake bonanza. Great recipe for Baked apple and pancake bonanza. Immediately add sliced apples stirring to coat evenly. Remove from heat and pour in egg batter, arranging the apples evenly on top.
In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, milk, oil and egg. Stir in brown sugar and apple slices; saute until sugar is dissolved. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until bubbles form on top of pancake. You can have Baked apple and pancake bonanza using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked apple and pancake bonanza
- It’s 2 of cooking apples, peeled and sliced.
- It’s Half of a teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of brown granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 splash of bottled raspberry coulis (you can make a reduction with a good handful of raspberries, a couple of teaspoons of sugar and a little water if you have time).
- It’s 2 of heaped teaspoons of butter, melted.
- You need 1 tablespoon of plain Greek yoghurt.
- Prepare of Pancake mix – 2 oz plain flour, 1 large egg, 100ml milk, 40ml water, a pinch of salt, butter. Or ready made.
A skillet baked apple pancake infused with cinnamon and vanilla, made with both baked and fresh apples, and finished up with an addictingly good cinnamon butter maple syrup. This is the ultimate fall breakfast (or lunch, or breakfast for dinner) to feed family, friends, or even just yourself! That was the right amount for us. I realized when I was putting away the ingredients I forgot to add the cinnamon.
Baked apple and pancake bonanza step by step
- Make the pancakes in advance if you can – I froze some left over from Pancake Day! Or use shop ones..
- Preheat the oven to 160 C and if you haven't got leftover pancakes, make them first – mix all the ingredients, melt a little butter in a frying pan and use just enough mix per pancake to coat the pan. Once one side is done, it will be golden underneath, turn and repeat on the other side, using a spatula to turn and then slide off onto a plate..
- Mix the melted butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla essence..
- Meanwhile, layer the sliced apple in a baking dish and coat with the sugar, butter, cinnamon and vanilla essence mix..
- Bake the apples for 25 minutes (they should be soft but still have a 'bite' – not mushy), remove from oven and layer into a stack with your pancakes – then pop the stack back in the oven just so the pancakes are properly hot through, about 5 minutes if freshly made, 10 if they were cold..
- Remove from oven, dollop on a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt, a splash of raspberry coulis (or make a raspberry reduction with sugar and a little water if you want to), and enjoy!.
Beat flour, baking powder, milk, salt, and egg yolks until smooth. Fold egg whites and batter together. Whisk in milk, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla until just combined; set batter aside. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat egg with wire whisk or egg beater. Beat in pancake mix, milk and vanilla.