Red cabbage and cranberries. Red Cabbage, Cranberry, and Apple Slaw. Combine cabbage and cranberries in a large bowl. Talk, Eat, Love: Red Cabbage Beet Slaw with Cranberries.
Red cabbage and apples are stewed with wine, sugar, and dried cranberries in this cumin- and clove-spiced side dish, best served with hearty roasted meats. Add cabbage and saute for a few minutes. Add wine, bay leaf and cinnamon. You can cook Red cabbage and cranberries using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red cabbage and cranberries
- Prepare of Red cabbage.
- You need of Red onion half moons.
- You need 1 T of Brown sugar sprinkled.
- It’s of Cinnamon.
- You need 1 Clove of don't overdo it.
- It’s of Cranberries i used 1/2 pack of whole fresh.
- Prepare of Apple cider.
Combine cabbage and cranberries in a large bowl. Add apple, and toss well to combine. In a salad bowl, combine orange supremes, cabbage, cranberries, and shallots. First, chop a head of the red stuff into rough pieces, then send it on a trip in a red wine sauce.
Red cabbage and cranberries instructions
- Slice up cabbage and onion.
- Put into pot. Sprinkle with sugar spices & cranberries maybe a pinch o_ salt to Accenture the flavors but i don't remember doing it..
- Add a a small amount 1/2cup maybe of cider to simmer until cooked through about 5-10 min.
Once tender, finish the cabbage with silky burre mane (butter and What worked: Tender, sweet, and tart from the cranberries, Applebaum and Crittenden's cabbage makes for a brilliantly colorful side dish. I have always adored red cabbage cooked long and slow, but it's also extremely good cooked fast so that it retains some bite and crunchiness. Using cranberries rather than the usual apples gives this dish a jewel-like appearance and their sharp flavour gives an edge to the spiciness. Cranberries are one of the most concentrated fruit sources of. Braised red cabbage, or rotkohl, as it's called has always been a favorite of mine with it's tangy sweet and sour flavors.