Baked apple and pancake bonanza. The easiest baked all in one pan breakfast ever! Apple and Banana Pancakes: This recipe is a great way of using up over-ripe bananas and apples, by blending them into pancake mix. They're delicious and trivially easy to make.
Slide pancake onto serving platter and cut into wedges. A few days ago I received a comment from a Reader "Soxy Girl said. We used to get these at Bickford's in New England with apples baked into them (with a little cinnamon and brown sugar). You can have Baked apple and pancake bonanza using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked apple and pancake bonanza
- Prepare 2 of cooking apples, peeled and sliced.
- You need Half of a teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of brown granulated sugar.
- You need 1 splash of bottled raspberry coulis (you can make a reduction with a good handful of raspberries, a couple of teaspoons of sugar and a little water if you have time).
- You need 2 of heaped teaspoons of butter, melted.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of plain Greek yoghurt.
- You need of Pancake mix – 2 oz plain flour, 1 large egg, 100ml milk, 40ml water, a pinch of salt, butter. Or ready made.
I may have to make this for breakfast on Sunday morning. Sunday at Bickford's in the Boston area was a regular to enjoy their Baked Apple Pancake. Now a resident of Miami Beach, I couldn't find anything like it, therefore, I created this one. The Fast, Easy & Low Fat way to make fluffy, delicious pancakes!
Baked apple and pancake bonanza step by step
- Make the pancakes in advance if you can – I froze some left over from Pancake Day! Or use shop ones..
- Preheat the oven to 160 C and if you haven't got leftover pancakes, make them first – mix all the ingredients, melt a little butter in a frying pan and use just enough mix per pancake to coat the pan. Once one side is done, it will be golden underneath, turn and repeat on the other side, using a spatula to turn and then slide off onto a plate..
- Mix the melted butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla essence..
- Meanwhile, layer the sliced apple in a baking dish and coat with the sugar, butter, cinnamon and vanilla essence mix..
- Bake the apples for 25 minutes (they should be soft but still have a 'bite' – not mushy), remove from oven and layer into a stack with your pancakes – then pop the stack back in the oven just so the pancakes are properly hot through, about 5 minutes if freshly made, 10 if they were cold..
- Remove from oven, dollop on a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt, a splash of raspberry coulis (or make a raspberry reduction with sugar and a little water if you want to), and enjoy!.
Dishwasher safe so cleanup is a breeze. These pancakes are gluten-free and dairy-free — they really are made with just bananas and eggs, no tricks. It seems like you'd just end up with scrambled Do They Really Taste Like Pancakes? These are pancakes in the sense that they're cooked on a stovetop and are lovely drenched with syrup, but. Baked Apple Pancake recipe: Try this Baked Apple Pancake recipe, or contribute your own.