Spicy Butternut Squash Soup.
You can cook Spicy Butternut Squash Soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
- You need of butternut squash.
- It’s of onions.
- Prepare of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of red chillies.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of creme fraiche.
- Prepare of vegetable stock.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Chilli flakes.
Spicy Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 200oC.
- Peel and deseed the butternut squash. Cut into large cubes, toss in olive oil then roast in oven for 30mins (turning once during cooking) until golden and soft.
- Dice onions and garlic.
- Finely chop red chillies.
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onions, garlic and chillies. Cover and cook on low heat for 15mins until onions are completely soft.
- Tip butternut squash into the pan, add the vegetable stock and 4tbsp creme fraiche. Stir well. Cover and simmer for 10mins.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth.
- Gently reheat and season to taste. Serve topped with black pepper and chilli flakes.