Asian style butternut squash and sesame oil soup.
You can cook Asian style butternut squash and sesame oil soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asian style butternut squash and sesame oil soup
- Prepare of medium sized butternut squash.
- You need of large red onion.
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Lemon zest and juice.
- You need of fresh coriander.
- It’s of spicy red chili.
- Prepare of fresh ginger.
- Prepare of double cream or unsweetened condensed milk.
Asian style butternut squash and sesame oil soup step by step
- Chop the butternut squash into 2cm size cubes and roughly dice the onion, garlic. In a baking tray, massage the butternut squash cubes with a generous amount of olive oil, half the sesame oil, a big splash of soy sauce the diced onions, garlic and chili and ginger. Put these in the oven/ roasting machine to roast until the squash is soft..
- Once the squash mix is roasted, add this to a blender along with lemon juice and zest, milk/ cream,, cup of water and 3-4 blocks of ice. Blend until it is smooth and creamy, add more double cream/ water depending on how you like the consistency. Flavour further depending on your tastes and season with salt..
- Once the soup is ready, serve it in a soup bowl and garnish with a poached egg and coriander oil..