Butternut squash soup.
You can cook Butternut squash soup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup
- It’s of large butternut squash, 2 lb.
- It’s of large onion.
- You need of butter.
- You need of hazelnuts.
- It’s of vegetable stock.
- It’s of nutmeg.
Butternut squash soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut squash in half, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for an hour or till the skin is soft.
- Toast hazelnuts for about 10 minutes, then remove skin and crush. Dice onion..
- When squash is ready let cool before scooping out pulp. Do not use fibers and seeds..
- Melt butter in pot and add onion. Then add squash and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat..
- Use mixer to blend soup, season with nutmeg and add toasted hazelnuts.