Shredded Chicken Chili Verde. Slow Cooker Chicken Chili is perfect for busy weeks! Make it with chicken thighs or breasts, onions, celery, black beans, frozen corn, chicken broth, tomato puree, and spices. Combine everything in a crockpot or slow cooker, and let it simmer all day while you're away.
Skip red enchilada sauce in favor of homemade chili verde in this Mexican classic. Place chicken in a single layer in Dutch oven, meaty sides down. Shred chicken and return to Dutch oven; discard bones. You can have Shredded Chicken Chili Verde using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shredded Chicken Chili Verde
- It’s 2 of chopped onion.
- You need 4 of Red Potatoes diced.
- It’s 1 bunch of Cilantro finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 2 of Bay Leaf.
- It’s 2 clove of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1 of Black Pepper.
- It’s 4 lb of Chicken Breast Cut Into Big Chunks.
- It’s 2 (16 oz) of La Victoria verde sauce.
- It’s 3 can (7 oz) of Fire Roasted Diced Green Chilies.
- Prepare 4 of Diced Serrano Peppers.
- You need 2 of Diced Jalapeños seeds removed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water or Chicken Stock.
- You need 1 of Garlic Salt.
Easy chicken chile verde burrito bowls made conveniently in your slow cooker! Truthfully, I love just pouring in a jar of quality store-bought green chili salsa, but if you're wanting to make this dish entirely from scratch, follow the green salsa recipe from my Chile Verde Chicken Enchiladas recipe. It's gluten free, grain free, dairy free. Store-bought rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken works The shredded chicken absorbs so much flavor!
Shredded Chicken Chili Verde step by step
- Mix all ingredients in crockpot and set low 6-8 hours until chicken is cooked.
Chile verde became one of my favorite meals during my time in LA. My roommate Danny and I loved Add chicken thighs and diced onions to slow cooker, pour tomatillo-chile sauce all over the top of Love that everything is made from scratch. I know it's supposed to be healthy chili, but I was really. This chicken chili verde is really easy to make and has super fast cleanup because you make everything in just one pot! Carefully shred the chicken with a fork and transfer it back into the pot.