Mandys spicy butternut squash soup. This roasted butternut squash soup is made with creamy coconut milk and jalapeños for a fiery kick! It is dairy-free, vegetarian, and absolutely delicious. The base of this spicy butternut squash soup is made from roasted butternut squash.
A great combination of sweet and spicy. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash and Spicy Sausage Soup. Reviews: Most Helpful. this soup was the BEST SOUP i've had in years. it seemed like sort of a strange combo but trust me amazing. you could make it a lot faster with a couple cans of pureed butternut squash too if you're. You can have Mandys spicy butternut squash soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mandys spicy butternut squash soup
- Prepare of The butternut squash".
- You need 1 large of butternut squash washed and trimmed seeds removed (do not peel off the skin).
- It’s 1 medium of hot red chilli pepper diced.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of Soup base:.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter to saute vegetables.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 large of carrot peeled and sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms sliced.
- It’s 2 of long red peppers sliced.
- Prepare 2 of dried bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oregano (dried).
- You need 2 tbsp of sweet paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need of enough water to cover all veg(about 8 cups).
This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. I'd like to think this is the most elegant version of butternut squash soup out there. Allow the soup to cool and then blend with a hand whisk, until free of lumps.
Mandys spicy butternut squash soup step by step
- Pre heat oven to 180℃/350℉..
- Wash the squash, chop off the top and bottom of squash and remove the seeds (don't throw away seeds wash them and roast them until golden about 8-10 minutes).
- Place squash in roasting pan and top with garlic, chilli, 2 tsp of cumin, butter salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes until squash is softened..
- In a large pot melt butter add all remaining veg, mushroom, onions, peppers, carrots, add all the seasonings – bay leaves, paprika, oregano, cumin, veg stock cube saute for 10 minutes until veg are tender. Add enough water to cover including the adding of the butternut squash..
- Simmer all cooked vegetables for 30 minutes and blend until smooth and creamy. Check for seasoning and serve, enjoy.
If the soup is too thick add a little more stock until you have the desired consistancy. This soup is a vegetarian and gluten-free spin on the hearty fall classic. Used by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. This silky-smooth butternut soup gets a hit of spice from chipotle, cloves and cumin. Adapted from Chef Jesús González, Chef of La Cocina Que Canta at Rancho La Puerta.