Beef steak and Kidney Pie.
You can have Beef steak and Kidney Pie using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef steak and Kidney Pie
- It’s of For The Pastry :.
- You need 200 gram of all purpose plain flour.
- Prepare 110 gram of butter.
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoon of cold water.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s of For the Filling:.
- It’s 500 gram of beef chuck steak, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 500 gram of beef kidney, cleaned and chopped into cubes.
- You need 25 gram of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of curry paste.
- It’s of Salt and black pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 25 gram of butter.
- You need 850 ml of beef stock.
- You need 1 of onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of carrots, cut into cubes.
- It’s 1 of large eggs beaten for glaze.
Beef steak and Kidney Pie instructions
- Make the Filling Place flour in a large bowl, season with salt and ground black pepper, add the cubes of steak and kidney, and toss well in the flour until evenly coated. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish until the butter has melted. Add the meat to the fat in small batches and stir quickly for about 1 minute, or until the meat is browned. Set aside.
- Add the onions and carrots to the pan and fry gently for about 5 minutes. Return the meat to the pan, stir, and add the curty paste and the stock. Season with plenty of black pepper and a little salt. Bring to a gentle boil, cover with a lid and reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook slowly for about 2 hours or until the meat is tender and the sauce thickened. Remove from the heat, place into a 1.5-liter deep pie dish and let cool completely. Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Roll out the pastry and wide enough to cover the pie dish. Cut a tiny hole in the center to slip over the steam funnel if using. Brush the rim of the pie dish with water and place a pie funnel in the center of the filling. Place the pastry over the dish and the funnel pressing it down, trimming to fit the rim of the dish. Crimp the edges using your thumb and first finger. If not using a pie funnel, just cut a small slash in the middle of the crust to allow steam to escape..
- Brush the top with beaten egg. Bake for 40 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden..
- Serve immediately with mashed potato and salad..