Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken. I have a delicious new butternut squash soup recipe to share with you guys today! Last night Ryan and I loosely followed Cook Smarts' recipe for butternut squash curry, but transformed it into more of a broth-based soup with chicken and kale. This smooth curried butternut squash is sweetened with a little honey and is certain to keep you warm in winter.
The balance of protein from lean chicken and sausage, with tender squash, fiber-rich beans and plenty of leafy green kale makes this a complete meal. I started making this hearty soup a few years ago after my son James was born. How To Make Butternut Squash Soup Curried Vegetable Soup With Chicken – Budget Cooking. You can cook Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken
- You need 1 of butternut squash.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 48 oz of vegetable stock.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk (plus more for garnish).
- It’s 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of yellow curry paste (more or less depending on taste).
- Prepare 2 of chicken breast’s (optional).
- It’s 1 tbs of cumin (for chicken).
- It’s 1 tbs of turmeric (for chicken).
- It’s 1 tbs of onion powered (for chicken).
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (for chicken).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon (for chicken).
- Prepare of Olive oil (see directions).
This is a delicious Curried chicken and vegetable soup. Creamy Curried Butternut Squash Soup infused with coconut milk and yellow curry powder. A savory, simple soup that's perfect for the fall and I use Knorr chicken, beef and vegetable stock concentrate when making soup or gravy. It is very salty so take that tip into account when seasoning.
Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken step by step
- Pre heat oven to 400° then roast the butternut squash. I usually cut it in half, poke holes in it then microwave each half for 4 minutes. I then remove the skin, dice it into chunks, and cover them in olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Then put it in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Dice the onion and put it in an oiled pan with the clove of garlic. Sauté on medium heat until onion is caramelized..
- When the squash and onions are done, throw them into a stock pot and set them aside so you can prep your chicken..
- Cover the chicken breasts in olive oil and add salt and pepper. Then cover them in the dry spices and roast them in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes or until there is no pink in the middle. When the chicken is done, shred it and set it to the side..
- While the chicken is cooking, add the vegetable stock to the pot with your squash and onion and heat on medium low. You can also add your brown sugar and your curry paste. After the curry has been incorporated, you can use a hand blender to blend the chunks of squash and onions until the soup is smoothe..
- Add your can of coconut milk (be sure to shake it before opening the can).
- Ladle some of the warm soup into your bowl and add the chicken and some extra coconut milk if choose!.
Flavorful, protein-packed chicken soup made with butternut squash and green chile! This comforting dish comes together in one pot and is perfect for a cold night. Once chicken is cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a cutting board to shred with two forks. Add chicken back to pot, taste. With onion and lightly spiced with curry powder, ginger, mustard seeds, cumin.