Butternut soup. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. Butternut Squash Soup II. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Deliciously Creamy Butternut Squash Soup is so rich in butternut flavour! Full of butternut flavour, this soup is perfect for when you're craving a warm and creamy bowl of comfort. This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! You can cook Butternut soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut soup
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- You need of grated fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger).
- It’s of sea salt.
- It’s of white pepper.
- It’s of fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped.
- You need of medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Prepare of vegetable stock (or use chicken stock for a non-vegan soup or water).
- You need of coconut milk (or use half and half for a rich, non-vegan soup).
- It’s of fresh thyme sprigs, coconut cream (or heavy cream) for garnish.
Butternut soup is one of the favourite meals for many South Africans. Like with most soups, there are several suggestions of how to make butternut soup. Butternut soup has several health benefits. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.
Butternut soup step by step
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil..
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent..
- Add the cubed butternut squash and toss in the onion mixture..
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine (You might need to add a little more or less stock, depending on the size of your squash. The liquid level should be just slightly lower than the squash)..
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork..
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk..
- Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender..
- Serve immediately with a garnish of fresh thyme and some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer..
But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and. A soul-warming, flavorful soup that's perfect for fall and winter. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – The easiest butternut squash soup you'll ever make – still silky, slightly sweet and full of flavor. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best! Made with squash, ginger, rosemary & sage, it's super creamy and full of My favorite fall tradition is making butternut squash soup on Sunday afternoons.