Elephant ear. Elephant ear may refer to: The ear of an elephant. Several genera in the family Araceae (Arums). Alocasia, genus of broad-leaved perennials in tropical & subtropical Asia to Eastern Australia.
Learn elephant ear plant care, types, and complete growing tips. Elephant ears bring to mind lush, tropical forests, adding drama to both gardens and containers. The most recognized forms have heart- or arrow-shaped leaves (often oversized) with decorative veining. You can cook Elephant ear using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Elephant ear
- You need of self rising flour (you can use bisquick if you don’t have any self rising flour).
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of warm milk.
- You need of melted butter.
- It’s of cinnamon sugar mixture.
- You need of Vegetable oil for frying.
This video is about storing elephant ear. Let me know if you are interested in Q&A! The elephant ear plant (aka Colocasia) is a spectacular, jumbo-sized tropical plant that is popular in landscapes across the United States and valuable as a food crop in many tropical areas of the world. Elephant ear plants are tropical but can be overwintered indoors in cold climates.
Elephant ear instructions
- Heat oil to 365. Mix flour, sugar, melted butter and warm milk and cover with plastic wrap to rest for 15 minutes..
- Place on floured surface and knead a few times..
- Fry 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown then drain on paper towels and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture..
- Divide into two balls and flatten as thin as possible. (The thinner the crispier).
Elephant ear plants grow from a swollen stem similar to a bulb but known as a corm. See more ideas about Elephant ears, Colocasia, Elephant ear plant. The Elephant Ear (Colocasia) is a tropical plant that grows up to tall and sprouts large, arrow-shaped leaves that resemble the ears. Elephant Ears – Learn about How to Grow Elephant Ears from gardening experts at Burpee Seeds. Read about creating the ideal growing environment for elephant ears in your garden.