Brad's slow cooker chile verde with ez black beans. Brad's slow cooker chile verde with ez black beans. Brad's slow cooker chile verde with ez black beans. This was a work night meal.
What Is Slow Cooker Chili Verde? Chile verde is a pork-based stew simmered with green chiles and tomatillos. Sometimes called Colorado or Denver This slow cooker recipe starts with a trip to the oven. You can have Brad's slow cooker chile verde with ez black beans using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's slow cooker chile verde with ez black beans
- It’s 5 lbs of pork shoulder or country style ribs.
- Prepare of Garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, white pepper, dry mustard.
- It’s 2 tbs of cider vinegar.
- You need of For the verde.
- It’s 10 of very large tomatillos, dehusk and quarter.
- You need 3 of large jalapeños, destem, leave whole.
- Prepare 1 of pasilla pepper, deseed and destem.
- Prepare 1 of LG sweet onion, peel and quarter.
- Prepare 8 of whole garlic cloves, peel, leave whole.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare 1 tbs of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare of For the beans.
- Prepare 3 cans of black beans, rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can of rotel, diced tomatoes with chiles, cilantro, and lime.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Garnishes.
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Queso fresco.
- Prepare of Lime wedges.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- You need of Fresh cilantro.
The Instructions how to cook Brad's slow cooker chile verde with ez black beans. Place pork in a slow cooker. Brad's slow cooker chile verde with ez black beans. This was a work night meal.
Brad's slow cooker chile verde with ez black beans step by step
- Place pork in a slow cooker. Sprinkle liberally with listed spices. Add vinegar. Cook on low heat 8 to 10 hrs..
- Add tomatillos, both peppers, onion, and garlic to a Dutch oven. Cover half way with water. Boil until ingredients are tender..
- When cool, transfer to a blender with a slotted spoon. Liquify. Add rest of ingredients for the verde. Liquify again. Add enough cooking liquid to make a smooth slightly thin salsa..
- Combine all ingredients for the beans in a sauce pot. Heat through on low heat..
- When pork is tender, debone and shred. Return to empty crock pot. Add salsa verde. Cook on high until heated through and salsa thickens slightly..
- Garnish with desired ingredients. Serve immediately with warmed tortillas. Enjoy..
Prepare the pork the night before and slow cook all day.. x medium White Onion, roasted & diced, Roasted, Diced Green Chiles, White Beans, drained & rinsed, x Serrano Peppers, roasted & finely chopped, x Tomatillos, roasted & finely chopped, Cilantro (leaves only . Add pureed chile pepper mixture and stir well. If you prefer, here are some images of the Chicken Chile Verde prepared in the slow cooker. On this day I used all chicken breast, but would suggest mixing it with some boneless chicken thighs. Garnishes for chicken chile verde include, shredded jack cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips, cilantro, serrano and lime.