Simple Stovetop Chili.
You can have Simple Stovetop Chili using 26 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Stovetop Chili
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced (optional).
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 cans (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 2 cans (16 oz.) of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken broth or water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt (or more, to taste).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Suggested Toppings:.
- It’s of ·sour cream.
- You need of ·shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of ·oyster crackers.
- It’s of ·sliced avocado.
- It’s of ·sriracha.
Simple Stovetop Chili step by step
- In a large pot or skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two more, until fragrant. Then add the ground beef. Cook until it is browned throughout, breaking it up as you go. Drain out the grease, if needed..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, broth, brown sugar, Worcestershire and seasonings. Stir to combine. Once it reaches a boil, cover with the lid and reduce the heat to med-low. Let simmer for at least 15 minutes, but longer if you can (it'll taste better the longer you let it simmer)..
- Serve immediately, topped with whatever toppings you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers..
- To make this recipe in the slow cooker, brown the meat first, then place everything except the broth into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours..