Sauerkraut and polish kielbasa. This Polish Sauerkraut and Sausage has an amazing story. This Polish recipe will not disappoint you. Like to eat sauerkraut and sausages?
So, no need to add too much seasoning to it. I grew up asking for sauerkraut instead of candy as a child, and my grandfather always made it for me. This is my version of what he would make. You can cook Sauerkraut and polish kielbasa using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut and polish kielbasa
- You need of . 14 oz. Package of kielbasa or any smoked sausage you prefer.
- It’s of med. Onion.
- You need of med. Potatoes.
- It’s of or bag of sauerkraut.
- It’s of chicken stock or broth.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of Salt & Pepper to your taste.
Cut sausage into coin shaped pieces. Add sausage drippings or bacon drippings to mix. Try this kielbasa with sauerkraut and apples recipe that's tasty and easy. It all comes together in your crock pot, so the work is minimal.
Sauerkraut and polish kielbasa step by step
- Ingredients! Normally I like to use brown sugar but to my surprise I was out so normal cane sugar..
- Cut and quarter onion and potatoes. If doing the quick cook cut smaller..
- Cut kielbasa to an inch and a quarter. Again quick cook three and a quarter inch..
- Heat Dutch oven to med/high heat or a pot with a lid..
- Once heated add olive oil. Heat for one to two minutes or until starts to shimmer..
- Add kielbasa potatoes onions and salt and pepper..
- Fry eight to ten minutes untill lightly browned..
- Pour in your two cups of stock and stir making sure to use your spoon on the bottom of your pot to break up all the browned bits. Then add the kraut undrained juices and all..
- Add your sugar and stir well to incorporate. Bring to a simmer and taste for sweetness..
- Cover and reduce heat to the lowest setting. If doing quick method medium heat thirty minutes if not a hour..
- Now if your doing the quick cook method your set and ready to go!!!! If your doing the slow and low as I am stir and crack your lid open and turn your range to medium heat. And cook for thirty minutes..
- After thirty minutes check your potatoes with a tooth pick poke in center and should slide right off when done. In this case just like the brown sugar out of those too so I used a metal kabob stick. If they don't fall off check every five minutes till they do..
- Ready to plate hope you all enjoy this recipe either quick or slow and low. Didn't mention the pierogis store bought. Good with mash potatoes also and sour cream!!!!.
- Hope you try this simple and easy always good recipe. May God be so kind to bless us all!!!!! And Yes that is Morgan Freeman"LOL".
Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut with Apples. I don't even like kielbasa. photo by mersaydees. Beer & Brown Sugar Polish Sausage with Sauerkraut. Sauerkraut and Dumplings with Kielbasa being scooped from sk. Polska Kielbasa, Pierogies, Sauerkraut, and Brussel Sprouts Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut are a match made in heaven.