Crockpot pork shoulder chili. Pork shoulder is the best cut to use in the chili because it stays tender and juicy even after a long cooking time. It's a nice twist on the classic chili, and the chunks of meat give it more of an authentic stew-like feel. Season the pork shoulder with the sugar, salt, pepper and onion powder.
Serve and top with cheddar cheese if desired. Quick release, removed meat and added rest of ingredients (tomatoes, sauce and beans) with pot on sauté. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, broth, chiles, chili powder, garlic, salt, cayenne and pepper. You can cook Crockpot pork shoulder chili using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot pork shoulder chili
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 15 oz of can on tomato (whole or diced, whatever you prefer).
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 4 of chopped garlic cloves.
- You need 2 of fire roasted jalapeno, seeded.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 3 of 15 oz cans of beans (I use black bean and red bean, use your favorite bean).
- Prepare 1 of boneless pork shoulder.
- It’s 6 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 of bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of bottle of beer.
Place pork in slow cooker; sprinkle taco seasoning mix over top. Add remaining Chili ingredients to slow cooker; stir to combine. How to Make Crock Pot Pork Green Chili. You are going to want to trim off any excess fat while doing so you don't end up with a layer of grease on the top of your chili verde.
Crockpot pork shoulder chili step by step
- Mix first 7 ingredients in small bowl.
- Pack that mixture all over the pork shoulder.
- Sear pork shoulder in pan on stove.
- Place pork shoulder, chopped onion, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeno in crock pot.
- In bowl whisk together tomato paste and chicken stock, add to crock pot.
- Add beer to crock pot.
- Cook for 8 hours on low, or until you can shred pork.
- Shred pork and add tomato and beans.
- Taste and add more chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper IF NECESSARY.
- Cook for another 4-8 hours on low.
- I serve with sour cream, avocado, and tortilla chips!.
Crock Pot Pork Shoulder The crock pot is by far the easiest way to cook your pork shoulder to perfection. Start it in the morning before you leave the house, and by the time you return after work the house will be filled with delicious smells and dinner will be ready. Normally, one wouldn't imagine a bowl of steaming hot chili as a meal on a sweltering summer day, but this Crock Pot Pork Chili is so light and fresh tasting, it makes a wonderful Weight Watchers Summer Recipe. The pork is nice and lean, and the fresh lime juice really help give this low calorie chili a bright flavor boost and a summer-y feel. Slow Cooker New Mexican red pork chili recipe is packed with rich spices, extremely tender pork, corn, and beans.