Roasted Butternut Soup. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is a cold-weather staple! We love this silky butternut soup served with spicy roasted chickpeas for extra flavor. Vegan, Vegetarian, and T-Rex toppings available. You can have Roasted Butternut Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Butternut Soup
- It’s of Butternut, cubed.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of Onion.
- It’s of Chicken Stock.
- You need of fresh Thyme.
- You need of Cream.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
Learn how to make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup! You can find the detailed recipe for this Simple Roasted Butternut Squash Soup (with variations!) down below. A classic roasted butternut squash soup, flavoured with a little apple and maple syrup. I know there are dozens of versions of roasted butternut squash soup out there, but this is the one that I make.
Roasted Butternut Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius..
- Place butternut cubes, quartered onion and unpeeled cloves of garlic in a roasting dish lined with baking paper. Give a good drizzle of olive oil and season well with sea salt and black pepper. Roast until butternuts are soft and slighly charry (about 40 mins). I bought my butternuts sliced already, but if you only have whole butternuts, save yourself the effort of peeling and chopping and cut them into quarters with the seeds removed, this takes about an hour to roast..
- Once butternut is cooked, remove the onion and saute in some butter with fresh thyme until slightly caramelised and soft..
- Remove thyme sprigs from pot and strip off all the little leaves. Discard the sprigs and add the leaves back into the pot..
- Add butternut (remove skins if using whole butternuts) to pot. Squeeze the roasted garlic from it's skin and add to pot..
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add cream and puree with a stick blender until smooth..
- Serve with fresh bread and a drizzle of cream. Optional: add crispy bacon bits and/or blue cheese crumbles as a garnish. 🤤.
Learn to make a delicious roasted butternut squash soup blended with sautéed onions and tart apples. Chowhound's recipe includes a how-to video, step-by-step. So this roasted butternut squash soup is rich, creamy and ultimately delicious. How To Make Vegan Butternut Squash Soup? You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at.