Smothered Pork Chops.
You can cook Smothered Pork Chops using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smothered Pork Chops
- It’s 5 of strips of bacon cut into small pieces.
- You need 2 of onions sliced thin.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of dry thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 3 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of tapioca.
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- It’s 6 of bone in blade cut pork chops.
- You need 1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
Smothered Pork Chops instructions
- Cook Bacon.
- Place bacon on paper towel covered plate. Leave bacon grease in the pan..
- Using 2 tbs of bacon grease add onions, garlic, 2tbs of brown sugar, rhyme and a 1/4 tsp of salt. Cook until onions are soft and carmelized..
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth. Scrape pan to remove those yummy brown bits..
- Place in slow cooker with remaining chicken broth..
- Add remaining brown sugar, soy sauce, tapioca, and the bay leaves..
- Season chops with salt and pepper. (I browned my chops in skillet then I placed them in slow cooker.)This step isn't necessary though. Place in slow cooker and push into liquid..
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours..
- Place chops on a serving plate and cover with foil..
- Remove bay leaves ans skim as much fat as possible off of surface..
- Stir in vinegar and season to taste..
- I served it over mashed potatoes. Top that with sauce, bacon and chopped parsley..