Cabbage chutney. the recipe for cabbage chutney is shared by sahana hebbar from the usa. she has been following the recipe for cabbage chutney is extremely simple yet some tips, recommendations and serving. Cabbage poriyal and cabbage kootu are commonly prepared dishes with cabbage but very few prepare chutney with cabbage. I had very less cabbage lying in my refrigerator which was not.
You can also serve it as side chutney along with dal-rice or sambar-rice. Cabbage chutney is commonly prepared dishes with cabbage a fresh, healthy, delicious and easy to make chutney that goes well with South Indian breakfast. In Indian cuisine, while tomato chutney and coriander-mint chutney hold the top spots for popularity, almost any vegetable and fruit can be made into a chutney. You can have Cabbage chutney using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cabbage chutney
- It’s 1 of medium size onion chopped (1 cup).
- Prepare 1 of small size tomato chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of cabbage finely chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Urad dal.
- Prepare 3 of red chilly.
- You need 4-5 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut.
- You need 1 of small gooseberry size tamarind.
- You need 1 tbsp of + 1 tsp oil.
- It’s of Salt as required.
Cabbage Chutney – A simple, healthy and nutritious Indian dish, easy to make restaurant style Chutney at home! Learn how to make Cabbage Chutney, find the steps and ingredients on Vaya.in. Cabbage chutney recipe explained with step by step pictures and a video. This cabbage chutney can be served with either dose or idli or rice.
Cabbage chutney instructions
- Take onion and cabbage in 1:2 ratio..
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp oil and roast Urad dal, curry leaves and red chilly. Keep aside..
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add onion and Sauté onion until it becomes soft..
- Add cabbage and sauté until it gets cooked. It takes 5 to 10 mins in medium to high flame..
- Add tomato and sauté until it becomes soft..
- Add salt, tamarind and coconut. Stir it once and switch off the flame..
- Cool it and grind everything into coarse paste..
- Serve with idli, dosa or rice..
Cabbage chutney is prepared using red chili, urad dal. fry cabbage in a kadai. add all the other ingredients grind in a mixy coarsely. pour the seasoning over chutney. Cabbage chutney is so flavorful and very easy to make. A great recipe for the people who are searching for the chutney recipe made without coconut or for spicy Pachadi (Pachadi is actually the. Cabbage Flaxseed Chutney is simple, healthy and tasty chutney that will go with idli, dosa and rice as well. It tastes like pachadi and best suits for variety rice as well.