Tom kha Kai. Authentic Tom Kha Gai – a simple delicious recipe for one of Thailand's most popular soups! Full of fragrant Thai ingredients like lemongrass, kefir lime, ginger and galanga. Tom kha kai, tom kha gai, or Thai coconut soup (Thai: ต้มข่าไก่, pronounced [tôm kʰàː kàj]; Lao: ຕົ້ມຂ່າໄກ່, pronounced [tôm kʰāː kāj]; literally "chicken galangal soup") is a spicy and sour hot soup with coconut milk in Thai cuisine.
Vegan Tom Kha Gai aka Thai Coconut Soup is creamy, delicious and has so much flavor to it. You only need the right ingredients to make this at home in no time! A tom kha gai soup must have galangal in it. You can have Tom kha Kai using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tom kha Kai
- It’s 2 of chuck cut of chicken thighs.
- Prepare 2 cup of of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of whole slices of galanga.
- Prepare 1 of thick slices of lemon grass.
- You need 1/2 cup of of slices coriander.
- You need 1/2 cup of of slices green onion.
- You need 1 slice of of red thai chillies.
- You need 1/2 of chuck cut of onion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of spoon of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of spoon of chicken stock powder.
- You need 1 tsp of spoon of sugar.
- It’s 3 of cherries tomato optional.
- You need 1/2 cup of of mushrooms slices.
That's what the name is about. This recipe also lack of a very important ingredient – lime leave! Here it is, my Thai coconut soup recipe! You'll be happy to hear, my pursuit for the perfect low carb, keto friendly tom kha gai has.
Tom kha Kai instructions
- Pour coconut milk in the pot add galanga and lemon grass bring to boil.
- Add chicken and chilies bring to boil again till chicken is cook.
- Add tomatoes,onions, mushroom,green onion and coriander.
- Add fish sauce, sugar and chicken stock powder stir to get all flavours mix.
- Let's boil low heat 3 minutes.