Butternut squash and goat cheese soup. Butternut squash and goat cheese are blended together with Swanson® Chicken Broth in this tangy and slightly sweet warming soup. Bring Swanson® Chicken Broth to a simmer in a large stockpot. Add half of the roasted vegetables, thyme leaves, and goat cheese.
Place some of the crumbled goat cheese in the bottom of each soup plate. This easy roasted butternut squash soup with goat cheese and crispy bacon is the perfect dinner on a cold winter night! Topped with tangy goat cheese and crispy bacon. You can cook Butternut squash and goat cheese soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash and goat cheese soup
- It’s of Butternut squash.
- Prepare of Sweet potato.
- It’s of Yellow bell pepper.
- It’s of Celery stick.
- Prepare of Onion.
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need of Goat cheese.
- Prepare of Cumin powder.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
- You need of Lime juice (optional).
- It’s of Any other seasoning of your choice (optional).
Add squash, water (or stock), salt, and pepper to taste, and bring to a boil. Pour soup into a blender, no more than halfway. And this butternut squash purée fits right in. Combined with sage and goat cheese, it has a sweet, earthy flavor and a silky-smooth texture.
Butternut squash and goat cheese soup step by step
- Prep step: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees..
- Clean and chop all vegetables in similar sized chunks. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and cumin powder. Mix well to coat all vegetables with oil and bake until soft. (Vegetables should not change colour or caramelise).
- Once the vegetables are cooked, let them cool then blend to a fine puree. Add water or milk to bring it to your preferred consistency..
- Pour the puree into a pot and bring it to simmer. Add goat's cheese and adjust salt and pepper to your taste..
- You can add dried/fresh herbs of your choice. Sage is meant to pair best with flavour of butternut squash..
- Serve hot with a piece of crusty bread. Here I have used a piece of pretzel..
Come fall, I'm no stranger to butternut squash purée — it's a side dish I can eat again and again — but I've never had a version quite like Faith's before. If you have goat cheese pyramid, butternut squash, water, and a few other ingredients on hand, you can make it. Autumn will be even more special with If you like this recipe, take a look at these similar recipes: Curried Butternut Squash Broccoli Cheddar and Goat Cheese Soup, Penne with Butternut. Make this Roasted Butternut Squash Kale Salad with Farro and Goat Cheese for a healthy, delicious dinner that's made with whole grains and tons of veggies! This yummy kale salad is nutrient-packed and vegetarian and one of the best high protein vegetarian meals out there!