Creamy Butternut Pumpkin Soup. Use any type of eating pumpkin you want OR butternut squash (which is called butternut pumpkin in Australia). A thick and creamy pumpkin soup that's full of flavour. Sweet pumpkin flavour, savouriness from the broth, garlic and onion.
Vibrant orange and velvety smooth, this intensely flavoured soup is an absolute treat. The sharp flavour of the blue cheese sets off the sweet taste of the soup perfectly. Watch how to make the best pumpkin soup in this short recipe video! You can cook Creamy Butternut Pumpkin Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- You need 1 kg of butternut pumpkin.
- It’s 1/2 of diced onion.
- Prepare 50 grams of butter.
- Prepare 2 cup of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 cup of thickened cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 of diced potatoes.
- You need 1 of Finely chopped chives.
- You need 1 of Salt and white pepper, to taste.
This creamy (yet cream-less) soup features incredible roasted pumpkin flavor. Easy to make and you can do it low fat. Perfect for Thanksgiving or on a cool autumn night. A Creamy, Vegan Butternut-Pumpkin-Sage Soup That's Perfect for Fall.
Creamy Butternut Pumpkin Soup step by step
- Heat butter in a large saucepan and saute onion until soft..
- Add vegetable stock, pumpkin and potatoes and cook until soft..
- Puree soup with a blender..
- Stir in cream and heat again but do not boil..
- Garnish with sour cream and a sprinkle of chives.
This seasonal, vegan soup satisfies your need for creamy, warming soup—and is full of beta-carotene, an antioxidant that converts to vitamin A in the body, thanks to a plethora of butternut squash and pumpkin. A rustic soup with creamy butternut pumpkin, fresh vegetables, and the warming flavour of cinnamon. A creamy pumpkin soup for autumn. This soup is smooth and flavorful, and the addition of ginger lends a sweet and spicy flavor to a traditional seasonal dish. The cinnamon croutons are lovely and make the soup reminiscent of pumpkin pie.