Crockpot Italian sausage and cabbage. This Crockpot Italian sausage soup recipe is hearty, filling, and full of flavor. I used mild Italian sausages, but feel free to use hot ones or any other uncooked sausage that you fancy. Pro tip: I didn't brown the sausage before adding it to the Crockpot, but you can definitely do that if you wish!
Right in same pan add Juice, vinegar, salt and pepper and springs of thyme. Stir set off burner till ready for crockpot. In crockpot set at low, place sliced cabbage then.. You can have Crockpot Italian sausage and cabbage using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Italian sausage and cabbage
- Prepare 7 of Italian sausages.
- Prepare 2 of Cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz each).
- Prepare 3 of Chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 4 of Cups warm water.
- You need 2 of bags steamfresh carrots.
- Prepare 4 of medium diced potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of green pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of head of green cabbage, diced.
- Prepare of Spices.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
Pot Cabbage Sausage Recipes on Yummly This recipe for Crock-Pot Cabbage, Kielbasa Sausage and Potatoes is delicious, easy to make and frugal too. This crockpot cabbage soup is packed with beef, cabbage, celery, onion, and I even How to make cabbage soup: Start by browning your beef in a skillet. Cook through and then drain the beef.
Crockpot Italian sausage and cabbage instructions
- Turn crockpot on High. Empty cans of diced tomatoes and all spices listed..
- Dissolve 3 bouillion cubes in the 4 cups of warm water..
- Dice potatoes and add to crockpot. Microwave steamfresh carrots 5 minutes each bag and add to crockpot..
- Cook sausage in a skillet with onion and pepper. I added a small amount of water to skillet..
- Slice sausage once cooked and cooled. Add to crockpot. Add cooked onion and pepper as well as leftover juices from skillet to crockpot..
- Dice cabbage and add half to crockpot. My 6 quart crockpot was full to overflowing. Cook 6 hours on high or until potatoes are tender..
- Once done, I plan on taking some liquid from the pot and cooking the rest of the cabbage in a skillet to add to the crockpot to extend the amount..
Add the celery, carrot, garlic, cabbage, beef broth, Italian seasoning, and salt to the crockpot and cover. This delicious and updated version of crock pot Italian sausage and peppers cook in the slow cooker, so you come home to a wonderfully warming meal. You can use other types of sausage in this recipe too if you'd like. Polish sausage would be wonderful, and you don't need to saute it before adding it to. Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers is a classic Italian-American comfort food dish.