Butternut squash soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for the squash. You can cook Butternut squash soup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup
- Prepare 1 of large butternut squash, 2 lb.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 3 tbs of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of hazelnuts.
- Prepare 3 cups of vegetable stock.
- You need of nutmeg.
Ready in an hour and freezes well. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best! When this time of year rolls around I've always got a few butternut squashes sitting on the counter to cook with so I'm often looking for new things to add them too. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.
Butternut squash soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut squash in half, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for an hour or till the skin is soft.
- Toast hazelnuts for about 10 minutes, then remove skin and crush. Dice onion..
- When squash is ready let cool before scooping out pulp. Do not use fibers and seeds..
- Melt butter in pot and add onion. Then add squash and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat..
- Use mixer to blend soup, season with nutmeg and add toasted hazelnuts.
But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and. Here's what gets me excited about butternut squash soup: My favorite seasonal ingredients join forces to create a sunny bowl of cozy, comforting soup that warms me through and through. Top your butternut squash soup with bacon, mix it with spices, or add it into chili. Bonus: the veg is packed with Vitamin A and fiber, so you'll actually feel full after a bowl of one of these soups. Warm up with our butternut squash soup ideas, perfect for autumn and winter.