Vegetable ham stew. Another great way to use up that leftover ham. Garbure (French Ham and Vegetable Stew). The key to the rich flavor of this peasant soup is the smoked ham hock.
Add the potatoes, vegetable broth, and bay leaves, and bring to a boil. Cook this hearty stew in a slow cooker for a super easy dinner. View top rated Vegetable ham soup recipes with ratings and reviews. You can cook Vegetable ham stew using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetable ham stew
- You need 1 of meaty ham bone.
- It’s of crockpot.
- It’s 6 cup of water.
- You need 2 of beef bouillon cubes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 head of red cabbage.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced carrots.
- You need 6 of mushrooms (quartered).
- It’s 3 of green onions.
- You need 1 of yellow squash.
- You need 2 cup of frozen french cut green beans.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic salt (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of sage.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1 large of bay leaf.
Potato, Broccoli, Ham Soup – Apple Cranberry Crisp, Souper #SundaySupper: Vegetable Medley Soup with Broccoli… vegetable stew with choice veggies. i have and always will be a huge fan of malabar parotta and veg kurma combination. as a matter of fact, it is one of the delicacies and a popular snack in udupi and. You can add any veg you like to this versatile stew. Just add root veg and squash at the beginning, green veg towards the end and frozen peas or sweetcorn at the last minute. The stew MUST be canned in a pressure canner, but the preparation to can beef stew was fairly Add boiling water to completely cover meat and vegetables.
Vegetable ham stew instructions
- Remove skin, ligaments, and fat from the meaty ham bone..
- Boil/simmer bone until meat falls off (~1 hr.).
- Remove and reserve meat. For low fat version discard liquid, otherwise skim fat and reserve liquid..
- Add bouillon cubes and water or reserved liquid to crockpot..
- Add tomato paste to crockpot and stir..
- Add ham to crockpot.
- Coarsely chop vegetables and add to crockpot..
- Add water to cover contents..
- Add spices, stir, cover and cook on low ~6 hours or until carrots are done..
Bring mixture to a boil, while. Ham pairs well with almost any kind of vegetable. For example, salty, smoked or even uncured ham can bring out the sweetness in carrots or parsnips. Try an easy vegetable beef stew recipe made with stewing beef, onions, potatoes, and carrots The stew is a basic combination of ingredients. The condensed beef broth gives it more beef flavor than.