Butternut Squash Soup.
You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare 2 of medium sized butternut squash.
- It’s 2 of yellow onions.
- It’s 2 (32 oz) of containers of vegetable broth.
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sage.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil a sheet pan, slice both squash in half and remove seeds. Lay on sheet pan with the skin side on the sheet pan. Distribute 2-3tbsp of olive oil between all squash halves, coat them in olive oil. Add some salt, then put them in the oven for 45 minutes or until soft..
- Once the squash is out of the oven and cooling, dice your two onions and throw them into a pot that has a tablespoon of olive oil. Sautee for a couple minutes, while sauteing chop up your squash, or gut it if you dont like the skin, then add the squash to the pot. Then add your garlic, fresh or granulated. Then add your vegetable broth all at once. Add your sage and thyme too. Bring to a boil, let boil for a minute or so, then use a hand blender to smooth out the soup. Or dump it into a blender..
- Boom. Perfect butternut squash soup..