Roasted butternut squash soup. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.
You simply roast the squash with a couple diced potatoes until tender. (You can totally skip the potatoes but we love the starchy creaminess that they give the texture.) My favorite fall soup of all time, roasted butternut squash soup is cheap, easy, nutrition, and absolutely delicious. If you're feeling like something a bit more substantial, try this topped with a handful of crispy bacon or diced ham. All Reviews for Chef John's Roasted Butternut Squash Soup. You can cook Roasted butternut squash soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted butternut squash soup
- It’s 1-2 of butternut squash-cubed.
- It’s 1 of white onion-chopped into large wedges.
- You need 2 stalks of celery-roughly chopped.
- Prepare 4-6 cloves of garlic.
- You need 16 oz of heavy cream.
- Prepare 48 oz of chicken broth.
- You need of olive oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- Prepare 3-4 sprigs of rosemary.
- It’s of sour cream to top.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is a cold-weather staple! We love this silky butternut soup served with spicy roasted chickpeas for extra flavor. Vegan, Vegetarian, and T-Rex toppings available, so there's something for everyone! Roasting the butternut squash until caramelized and tender is.
Roasted butternut squash soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 450..
- Place squash, onion, celery, and garlic on sheet pan. Sprinkle with EVOO & salt. Place 3-4 sprigs of rosemary among vegetables and roast in oven for 25-35 min until golden brown..
- Place roasted veggies (remove rosemary) into large pot and cover with chicken broth until stew like consistency with a little extra liquid. Simmer on stove top for several minutes until veggies flavor broth..
- Turn stove top off. Spoon contents into a blender. Starting on low, then increasing some, blend until creamy. (*mixture will be hot, allow steam to escape).
- On low setting, continue to blend while adding cream..
- Once mixture is lightened and creamy, return to pot and heat through. Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream. Serve..
- I added a little garlic salt and onion powder to taste..
It was a silky butternut squash soup that first converted me. Since then, I've tried all kinds of butternut squash soup. Today I've got a super simple five-ingredient roasted butternut squash soup recipe for you—with three ways to spice it up! This vegan butternut squash soup is simply the best. It's vibrant and colorful and richly flavored.