Hippie Pork Roulades.
You can have Hippie Pork Roulades using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hippie Pork Roulades
- It’s 12 oz of pork loin.
- You need 1/3 cup of Blueberry Chipotle Barbeque Sauce (see my page for recipe).
- You need 1 head of red cabbage.
- You need 2 each of jalapeño peppers, seeds removed.
- Prepare 3 each of carrots.
- Prepare 4 oz of goat cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of golden flax seeds.
- You need pinch of salt.
- Prepare pinch of ground black pepper.
- It’s pinch of ground ginger.
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s of worcestershire sauce.
Hippie Pork Roulades step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Slice the pork loin into manageable portions–a size that you would want to eat, or between 3 and 6 oz. You'll know what's right..
- Using the flat side of a meat tenderizer, gently flatten the loins to about 1/3 their original thickness. Use as much force as you would when hitting a nail with a hammer, but if you were scared to hit your thumb. About 30% of the hardest you can do..
- Slather the flattened loins with barbecue sauce..
- Next, crumble goat, or any kind of cheese all over the barbecue sauce. I used fresh mozzarella for half and they were great too..
- Sprinkle flax seeds and diced jalapeños atop the goat cheese..
- Sprinkle on some grated carrots next, and then top with a red cabbage leaf, torn to an appropriate width. The veins of the leaves may need to be removed to get a tight roll..
- Roll the loins rather tightly into a cylinder. If it's too loose, you may need a toothpick to secure the outer flap of the meat..
- Lightly grease a deep dish pan with olive oil..
- Place the roulades into the pan, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, ginger, and anything else you might want. Don't forget that there are already jalapeños in the pork, so beware of spicy marinades..
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes. It'll be OK if they're not fully cooked. Pull them out anyways..
- Remove from oven, and turn up to 425°. Remove foil, and slather a final coat of barbecue sauce on the outside of the pork..
- Bake uncovered for 5-7 minutes more, until the barbecue sauce hardens slightly..
- Remove the roulades gently from the dish, and either serve whole or slice them crosswise if desired. Enjoy!!!.