Brad's crock pot goulash. This post may contain affiliate links. I earn commissions from affiliate links. This Goulash Crock Pot recipe is one slow cooker beef recipe that my family raves over!
This is one of my favorite crock pot pasta dishes. It's hearty, super simple to make, and makes plenty to feed your hungry crew. Place onions and carrots in crock pot. You can cook Brad's crock pot goulash using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's crock pot goulash
- It’s 2 lbs of round steaks, cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
- It’s 3 lbs of soup bones. mine were fairly meaty.
- You need 1 of med onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of Roma tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 2 (15 oz) of cans tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each; Himalayan pink salt, McCormicks Montreal steak seaso.
- You need 2 tbs of Hungarian paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbs of red wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 3 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 tbs of stone ground mustard.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sour cream.
- It’s 1 pkg of pasta. either macaroni, rotini, or penne.
Combine next four ingredients; toss beef with this mixture and add to crock pot. Combine broth, wine, tomato paste, paprika and garlic; pour over beef. When stew is ready cook noodles and transfer to platter. This crock pot beef goulash is a Hungarian-style beef goulash with paprika, some tomato paste, and sour cream.
Brad's crock pot goulash step by step
- Place soup bones in a large pot. Just cover with water. Cover. Bring to a boil on med high heat. Reduce to low and simmer a couple hours until meat is tender and falls off the bone..
- Place rest of ingredients, except sour cream and pasta, in a crock pot. Stir and turn on high. Cook for 4 hrs. Stir then turn to low and cook for 2 -3 more hours..
- Take all the meat from the soup bones and add to the crock pot. Discard the bones. Let the broth cool. Scrape the fat off the top. Reserve broth for future use.
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dentè. Drain but don't rinse. Stir pasta and sour cream into goulash and serve immediately..
- Garnish with hot sauce, or shredded cheese. Or a dollop of sour cream..
There are many variations on a classic Hungarian goulash, but most are made with the addition of paprika. Tomatoes or tomato paste are relatively modern additions. This crock pot beef goulash recipe skips browning the beef and instead coats it in a spice crust. This combine-and-cook slow-cooker beef goulash recipe is. Pressure Cooker Ground Beef Goulash Recipe – Italian Style!