Vegetarian Thai green curry.
You can cook Vegetarian Thai green curry using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Thai green curry
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of green curry paste.
- It’s 400 ml of tin coconut milk.
- It’s 3-4 of kaffir lime leaves (tear in half and take the middle wooden bit off).
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of Thai fish sauce or soy sauce (vegan).
- You need 1-2 tbsp of palm sugar (brown sugar).
- You need 1-2 handful of basil leaves.
- You need 1 tin of bamboo shoots.
- You need 1 of aubergine (chopped into bite size).
- It’s 1-2 of big red chilli (thinly slices).
- It’s 1 block of tofu (optional).
- It’s of Seasonal vegetables of your choice – it can be brussel sprouts, sweetheart cabbage, green beans, carrots. All chopped into bite size.
- It’s of To serve – Thai jasmine rice or with rice noodles.
Vegetarian Thai green curry step by step
- Heat a couple tbsps of coconut milk in a saucepan over a meduim-high heat until coconut milk starts to bubbly. Add the green curry paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant..
- Add another 2-3 tbsp of coconut milk, fish sauce (or soy sauce) and sugar and stir well then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering. Add your vegetables start with hard vegetable first ie. carrots, cabbage, brussel sprouts, green bean and bamboo shoots..
- Add some more coconut milk and continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes until you see gorgeous green oil separated from the coconut milk a little bit..
- Add the rest of the coconut milk in. I normally add some water about half of tin coconut into the saucepan too. Taste your sauce, it should be salty, sweet, nutty and spicy..
- Stir occasionally then add some basil leaves at the last minute and stir well..
- To serve, spoon your jasmine rice into four serving bowls, then ladle over the vegetarian Thai green curry..