Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup. Celebrate fall & winter produce with these nourishing soups! Many are vegan and GF adaptable! Traditionally, it's a big pot of soup made with simple garden vegetables like onions, carrots, celery, kale, tomatoes and cannellini beans (or white beans) in a flavorful broth.
Browse our collection of vegetarian and vegan soups and stews, brought to you by the editors of Vegetarian Times. The national dish of Vietnam, pho is an aromatic noodle soup that's traditionally made with beef broth. Here, store-bought vegetable broth is spiked with onion, garlic, and spices for a. You can have Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup using 36 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup
- It’s of Vegetables.
- It’s 12 oz of Carrots, shredded or diced.
- Prepare 1 head of small, Napa cabbage (or see the optional ingredients below. I use Napa for the crunch, but Kale adds special flavor. Spinach is good too).
- It’s 5 stick of Celery.
- You need 2 of small, Turnip.
- It’s 2 head of Broccoli, trimmed of stems.
- It’s 1 can of (28 oz) whole, peeled, Tomatoes, crushed by hand.
- It’s 3 of small, Onion.
- Prepare 3 of Leeks, trimmed of most of the green.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Cilantro (one).
- It’s 2 of medium, Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of corn, sweet, gold, drained.
- You need 1 bunch of basil (two).
- You need 6 oz of Mushrooms, Shiitake.
- It’s 6 oz of Mushrooms, baby Bella.
- You need 10 clove of Garlic, peeled, smashed.
- You need of Base.
- You need 6 oz of curry paste (to taste, whatever color you want).
- You need 2 can of Coconut milk, preferably full fat (have 2 extra cans on hand).
- You need 4 cup of Stock, or Broth, vegetable (have 2 extra cups on hand, either bought in a carton, or self-prepared, your call).
- You need 4 tbsp of Butter (or the equivalent Vegan saturated fat substitute).
- You need of Cookware.
- You need 16 quart of Stockpot (it might work with a 12qt, but you're cutting it close, if you don't scale down a little).
- You need of Spices.
- You need 1 bunch of Basil (its listed on the veggies too, but trust me, it's an excellent garnish).
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro (same as basil, add while cooking, or just garnish).
- You need 2 tsp of Coriander (as needed really, to taste).
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin (again, as needed, to taste).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salt (like all soup, salt adds a lot to this dish, be creative with how you salt it up).
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cracked, Red Pepper.
- You need of Starch.
- It’s 1 packages of preparer's favorite noodle, starch, rice, potato, pasta, or vegetable. Or none at all..
- Prepare of Optional.
- Prepare 5 cup of Kale, chopped.
- You need 5 cup of Spinach.
Saute the onions and garlic in the instant pot. Anjali is the author of Vegetarian Gastronomy, a website dedicated to Vegan Cooking with many Gluten-free options. She shares her culinary experiences and passion for. That just makes it great for your weekly meal prep.
Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup instructions
- Chop all veggies to the desired size. I do my onions, leeks, celery, carrots small. The potatoes, turnips large. The rest medium..
- Brown Onions in the butter or vegan equivalent, in your big stockpot..
- Add coconut milk, garlic, curry paste, potatoes, turnips, all spices (except basil and cilantro) to browning onions. Bring to low boil over medium+ heat. 30 minutes. Stir often, don't burn..
- I use this time to prepare my starch. Egg Noodles are good, soba and / or rice noodles are wonderful too. What do YOU feel like tonight? Rice? Orzo?.
- Add carrots, celery, leeks, stock or broth (stock to taste – its here you decide how soupy you want your meal to be). Boil for 15 minutes more. Stir occasionally..
- Add corn, tomatoes, napa cabbage (or optional kale, spinach wait until the next step), any additional salt spices, coconut milk, or broth, and boil for 15 more minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Bring mixture to just below boil. Add spinach, one half bunch of cilantro, if you're using it. Add your mushrooms, broccoli, and basil. Cook until broccoli and mushrooms are soft. Don't stir too much..
- Serve. Enjoy. Use garlic/chile paste, soy sauce, Sriracha, hoisin, for additional flavor. Garnish with cilantro and basil..
For a vegan version, simply substitute unsalted vegetable stock for the chicken stock. Fiery Tofu and Coconut Curry Soup. Vegetarian Soups and Stews. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Vegetarian Chicken Noodle Soup Chard, Lentil & Potato Slow Cooker Soup Slow Cooker Corn & Red Pepper Chowder Green Curry Soup with Cauliflower and Leeks [Beard and Bonnet] Roasted Sweet Potato Soup with Quinoa [The Roasted Root] Avgolemono Soup (Greek Egg and Lemon Soup). A delicious creamy curry soup loaded with vegetables and exotic spices.