Cabbage Kootu /cabbage dal.
You can have Cabbage Kootu /cabbage dal using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cabbage Kootu /cabbage dal
- It’s of For masala Paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut grated.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rice soaked.
- It’s 2 of chilli.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need of For tempering.
- It’s 2 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of urad dal.
- It’s leaves of Few curry.
- You need 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- You need 1 of dried red chilli.
- Prepare of Other ingredients.
- You need 1/2 cup of moong dal soaked.
- It’s 2 cup of cabbage finely chopped.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 cup of cabbage finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s as needed of curry leaves.
Cabbage Kootu /cabbage dal step by step
- Firstly in a mixing bowl take the cleaned split green gram's (moong dal)..
- Wash the dal completely and add enough water to it. Then soak the dal for 30 mins..
- Further take the grinder or mixi jar, add 1/2 cup coconut, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tbsp soaked rice, and green chilli..
- Additionally add 1/2 cup water and blend to smooth paste. Keep aside.
- In a kadai take 1/2 cup soaked and drained moong dal, add 2 cup water then cover and cook for 10 mins. Cook till the dal is half cooked..
- Further add finely chopped cabbage, few curry leaves and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder..
- Then Mix well together, after cover and boil for 10 mins..
- Additionally add in the grinded masala paste to the mixture. Add salt according to your taste and 1/2 cup water mix well. Or adjust the consistency by adding water as required.
- Next cover and cook for 10 minutes or till coconut gets cooked completely..
- Now prepare the tempering by heating 2 tsp oil, add 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp urad dal, few curry leaves and pinch of hing(asafoetida), 1 dried red chilli, saute for few seconds..
- Allow them all the tempering to splutter now pour the prepared tempering on over the cabbage kootu mix well. Serve with roti/steamed hot rice..
- Notes :- do not overcook the moong dal as it turns to paste and doesn't taste good..