Braised red cabbage. Braised Red Cabbage is one of those super simple side dishes that takes very little effort and can work as a side to a variety of meals. In the summer you have coleslaw, in the winter you have braised. Quarter the red cabbage and remove the core, then finely shred.
Red cabbage is cooked with wine, seasonings, and a pinch of caraway seeds for a pretty and "We're going to cook a very beautiful, super easy cabbage side dish. All ingredients are totally to taste. Try our braised red cabbage with apples recipe here. You can have Braised red cabbage using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Braised red cabbage
- You need 1 of red cabbage (sliced).
- You need 1 of onion (sliced).
- Prepare 70 g of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 70 ml of cider vinegar.
- You need 150 ml of red wine.
- Prepare 75 g of lardons.
- You need 1 of small apple (peeled and diced).
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 20 g of butter.
This red cabbage recipe for red cabbage and apple is easy to make for a Christmas red cabbage side dish. This simple, homey braised red cabbage recipe is the perfect accompaniment to a chilly-weather Add cabbage and caraway seeds; sprinkle with salt and pepper. This red cabbage recipe with bacon is a German and Austrian sweet-and-sour staple served with pork chops Poor cabbage has a bad rap and we can't figure out why. Prepared this way, it's savory and.
Braised red cabbage instructions
- Add everything to a large saucepan with a lid and season well. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat and cook for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally..
Sweet/sour braised red cabbage with apples and pears. I'm really liking the addition of chestnuts. Braised Red Cabbage is very humble recipe. You can say, flavor find itself in this. Friends, this Braised Red Cabbage recipe is perfect to serve for Christmas dinner.